DNA Genotek are seriously in to the spitting business as they seem to provide their award winning “New Gold Standard for DNA Collection” to many top notch genetics companies.
The DNA collection tube that comes with the 23andMe DNA collection kit seems to be the Oragene•DNA.
The Oragene•DNA Self-Collection Kit is an all-in-one system for the collection, preservation, transportation and purification of DNA from saliva.
The product page also presents some of the benefits in using the product and also the use of saliva as a form of DNA collection.
Here’s the listing of the main product features and benetifs:
- Median DNA yield of 110 µg
- Non-invasive, reliable self-collection that increases compliance and decreases costs
- Long-term storage at room temperature
- FDA registered, CE & IVD certification
- Equivalent to DNA from blood for downstream applications
- Extraction kit included for easy purification
- Compact, robust design is ideal for storage and mailing
For full information regarding this DNA collection product, visit the product page.